Spicy veggie bowl + yogurt dip

09.32


When in rush we sometimes forget to treat ourselves for food that can "tingle" our taste buds, and we end with consuming the same old unhealthy processed food, and although I am a fan of chips and dip and many other variations of easy access able food I also like to treat my body as the "temple" that it is and give it food that it deserves, and most often I like to treat it with a Spicy Veggie Bowl.

Now a spicy veggie bowl is easy and very cheap to make and it only takes little to no time, which is why it works perfect for me as a breakfast or lunch when I am in rush.

All you need are vegetables that are around you, so literally every vegetable goes well in this bowl.



The things that I however used in my Spicy Veggie Bowl was the following:

  • 1 tomato
  • 1 cup of spinach
  • 1 cup of iceberg lettuce
  • 1 medium sized carrot, or 2 small carrots
The spices that I added was the following (no guided measurements are added since I just add what I see as "enough" - by eye sight):
  • Chili powder
  • Paprika
  • Cumin
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Lemon juice
  • OPTIONAL - Liquid aroma (or vegetable bouillon)
Directions:

In a small pan, heat up about one to two tablespoons of vegetable oil and turn on the heat. While the oil i heating up slice your vegetables - you could make small dices or as me go for medium chunks. In my case I started by roasting the carrots a few minutes before adding in the other ingredients since they need a little more time to soften up. When you think the time is right add in the other vegetables.

Stir the vegetables around the pan for a few minutes until all of the spinach has softened up and it all seems almost cooked. This is when you add in the spices. Star by adding the liquid - such as lemon juice and aroma, and then add in the dry spices.

After you give that a good stir for about one more minute take it off the heat and add into a bowl. Don't waste any juice left on the pan, get it all into the bowl.

I like to eat this with a yogurt dip on top. The yogurt dip is also very easy to make and only take a few ingredients. You can make this dip before hand and store it in your fridge, it goes as a vegetable dip as well.



All you have to do is mix Greek yogurt with about a tablespoon of water (to make it a bit more fluid like - since Greek yogurt has a quite tough consistency) and then add in all the spices that you added into the bowl - BESIDES the chili powder. Because this dip has to work as a form of fire distinguisher and help you turn off the heat in your mouth. I don't add in aroma as well.

Voila you have a great dish, cheap, healthy and ready in less than 10 minutes.

Work hard and stay dedicated

Love,
Dunia

You Might Also Like

0 kommentarer

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images